What is the best monitoring/safety app for iOS?

“I hear good things about Bark, but 1. I can’t find it in the App Store and 2. I keep seeing all these posts about how they have Bark but it didn’t monitor their kids’ ___ (whatever, fill in the blank). What works best?”

(Read more from [Parenting in a Tech World])

“We use screentime and Bark. I had no issues setting it up, had 2 devices up and running in less than 45 minutes.”

:star: Original post here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/parentinggeeks/permalink/409864166310296/

1 Like

We also use Bark and ScreenTime.
Bark monitors through regular backups, so no app is needed to be downloaded on to the phone. I LOVE this aspect!

3 Likes

Awesome - thanks for sharing with us, @Angela_Powell_Woulfe!

1 Like

I will say the new things they’ve added to screen time in ios13 (and Catalina for the macOS) are awesome. You can now restrict numbers and contacts.

1 Like

The iOS 13 contacts restrictions aren’t quite out yet (as I understand it / have experienced). Apple’s site denotes in fine print Coming later this Fall. I am excited for when this fully releases! I think it will be a game changer for many parents.

2 Likes

Aw…you know what, you are right! I am in the beta program so I have been using it for a few months testing it. My sons phone is on it also so I’ve been able to restrict his contacts after his downtime.

2 Likes

I figured I remembered you were a Beta member. :wink: That’s really awesome!

1 Like

That’s a great feature, can’t wait for all users to have access to it.

1 Like