Spotify Alerts Help

Hello,
Last weekend we installed Spotify on my son’s Bark. We found explicit lyrics and told him not to listen to those songs. We got more notifications this week and he swore he was not listening to those songs… we have reason to believe him… so this has caused a big problem for our family - bark says one thing, and my son another! We made sure explicit lyrics were off and took the phone away to investigate
Now, I just got another recent notice from Bark so it is obviously was not my son. What is going on?

Thanks!

Hi @Rose! Bark Community team here … :wave: … Thanks so much for reaching out. In case you didn’t know, Bark actually analyzes the lyrics listed by Spotify in the Spotify database. If your child listens to the clean version of a song, the lyrics may not be “clean” in the Spotify database. You can report the incorrect lyrics to Spotify to help with this since Bark depends on what is listed in their database. Also good to remember that a “clean” song may still contain contextual signs of violence, depression, sex, etc., that Bark is alerting to, even if the wording may not be profanity itself.

You can always adjust the severity of your alerts to help with this if you’d like.

You can also ignore users or songs from your alerts if this helps.

Lastly, if you feel that Spotify monitoring isn’t necessary to your needs, you can always disconnect that account from monitoring.

Here is some information that we hope helps in keeping your child safer on Spotify.

Please feel free to reach out to our Support team if you have any questions or need assistance with settings! We’re here for you! :orange_heart: >> help@bark.us or bark.us/contact

2 Likes