snapchat with samsung note

We upgraded my son’s phone from a fairly inexpensive android phone to a samsung phone. We never had a problem monitoring snapchat, but now with the samsung note, we can’t seem to get it to monitor. On my dashboard I click +add account, Under social media I select snapchat, It says my son’s snapchat account will be monitored through their android device which is already connected. So no action needed. I then press next, and it skips right to done. However, it is not monitoring this account. PLEASE HELP!!!

Hi Sherry! Welcome to the Bark Community! :smiley: I’m happy to help you out with this. Have you removed the previous device and connections completely? You can follow these instructions for removing a device and deleting connections:

[ How to Remove a Device – Bark ]

[ Deleting a Connection – Bark ]

After the removal, you’ll now be able to add your child’s new phone:

If you run into errors and you need assistance, our Support team would be happy to take a look at your account! All Bark accounts come with unlimited account support. :raised_hands:

At your earliest convenience, please connect with our support team with your account information by visiting www.bark.us/contact or via email at help@bark.us. Thank you!