Screen Time Schedule Issues + TMobile FamilyMode?

Hi! We want to have our daughter’s phone shut off during school and bedtime, which I figured out how to do, but I wish I could make the school rules different from day to day. She gets out at a different time on Wednesdays, and on Fridays when she’s in therapy (during school hours) it’s useful for her to be able to show her therapist things on her phone, they do it often. Is there are way to do this without having to manually hit the pause button every day?
Also, we want to set a daily screentime limit but I can’t figure out a way to do it with Bark. So I got TMobile FamilyMode but now I’m seeing that they may not work well together because they both use a VPN? Is there some other option available?

Screen time controls seem to be pretty simple and standard across different options, Bark is so good at everything else why do my options seem so limited with this?

Hi Elizabeth! I’m part of Bark’s Community team and would be happy to offer some insight. I can understand how these features would be useful to your family! At this time, Bark scheduling allows you to set all the weekdays and/or all the weekends. Unfortunately, you won’t be able to make your school rules different from day to day. You do have the option to manually change your child’s schedule and pause/unpause.

Device permissions do not allow Bark (and other third party apps) to set total screen time limits, but with Bark you can set scheduling blocks if needed. It’s not currently possible to utilize two VPNs at the same time, so you will not be able to use TMobile Family Mode and Bark simultaneously. If your child is using an Android, you can utilize Google Family Link in conjunction with Bark. Google Family Link lets you set per app/category limits and works seamlessly with Bark’s monitoring abilities.

I know this isn’t the answer you were hoping for, but we appreciate you sharing your feedback–we are always looking for ways to improve our app and add new features! If you haven’t done so already, check out how to set up Family Link on a smart phone: How To Set Up Google Family Link Parental Controls | Bark

Our support team is here for you anytime: help@bark.us / bark.us/contact