Private browsing

My kids have Android devices and I’m looking for a way to permanently disable private browsing, or incognito, mode on their phones. Does anyone know if there is a way to do this?

Hi, Michelle! Welcome! :slight_smile: Google Family Link does this! We use it with our Android tablets and we’ve been very happy with the parental settings it provides. I hope this helps; let me know if you have any questions.

2 Likes

Thanks! I already use Family Link, but both of my kids can still open Incognito windows in Chrome. I’m looking for a way to prevent them from even being able to use Incognito. Is there a way to do this in Family Link?

Interesting! It’s just automatically not available for either of us on our Chrome / Androids with Family Link. I don’t even see a place to enable it if we wanted to; “incognito” is grayed out in our Chrome.

I just double checked, and According to the Google Family Chrome help site, it shouldn’t be available.

Are you sure they’re not using a browser other than Chrome? You may need to contact Google help for this one. Sorry, I’m not sure why that’s happening to you!