On the go controls disabled?

I’ve gotten two of these alerts but not sure what it means. I don’t see where on his phone he can disable this?

Hi there, Lauren! I’m part of Bark’s Community team. Thanks for reaching out! The “Device Protection Changed” alerts that you are receiving can vary. Each alert should have specific reasons as to why this may happen and links to click for help and steps!

If it’s intentionally being disabled, it will clearly specify that the VPN was 100% manually disabled in the body of the alert. In these cases- in the VPN device settings (Settings > Network > VPN), there is an option to set it to ‘Connect on Demand’ (iOS) so if the device is turned off or the VPN is toggled off - it will automatically re-connect.

Other similar alerts deemed as “Device Protection Changed” are not specifically related to the VPN being intentionally disabled and can happen due to device settings, even while the device is not in your child’s possession. The device can be powered off or in Bedtime/downtime for a long period of time (for example), so please do click on the help links in your alert to get more information. Any of these alerts likely require attention to ensure Bark is working properly on the device.

Please reach out to our Support team if you need further guidance or have any questions. They can be reached at help@bark.us or bark.us/contact. Thank you!