My 17 year old son told me I would have to fight him for his phone

"Ok how would you handle your 17 boy if he absolutely refused to give you his phone? He told me I would have to fight him for it! WT*#%! I’ve never had to deal with this much aggression from him before! He has lost his *^% mind. I’m trying to stay calm

My reason for taking it away is that he doesn’t want to take a drug test particularly because he has to pay for it. This was already discussed with him along with the consequences. The drug test is for weed- obviously it’s not a horrible drug but it’s the circumstances of the situation where he has repeatedly lied and now dealing with the repercussions of failing a drug test through school and that we have been dealing with for the last 4 months. We have obviously failed with figuring out how to deal with this."

:star: Original post here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/parentinggeeks/permalink/413055679324478/

“You haven’t failed. Kids make dumb choices sometimes. I’m sorry you’re going through this. I’ll pray for you to know what to do.”

:star: Original post here:

Call the carrier and have his line disconnected. Change your WiFi password. That should motivate him to listen to you. The phone is a privilege and not a right.

1 Like