Monitoring issues

I don’t find this app to be very user friendly. I just downloaded and got everything lined up yesterday but I can’t look at anything. I can see the activity is being monitored and I am notified of issues but I can’t check anything remotely on my own. Am I doing something wrong? I mainly want to read texts from my own device without having to feel like I am snooping in their phones. Any tips?

Hi, @adbaysinger. I am with the Bark team and happy to help. :slight_smile: Sorry to hear you are frustrated! With Bark, you won’t be able to see all activities, you will be able to see only what our AI detects and alerts you to that may be a possible concern for you to review.

Our advanced algorithms look for a variety of potential issues, such as cyberbullying, sexting, drug-related content, and signs of depression. If any are detected, you will be alerted by email, text, or both if you choose. You may also view your account and alerts any time by visiting your parent dashboard at www.bark.us.

Bark was designed to help parents to be alerted when necessary, but not allow parents to see everything at all times. This gives kids a bit of privacy and helps to build trust! Our support team is more than happy to help if you have any questions or want to check to ensure all is set up well. You may find support articles or contact the team any time by visiting www.bark.us/contact. I hope this helps, and we’re always here to chat if ever you need. Thank you!

That’s disappointing. I just signed up for bark, cause I thought it would monitor, but also allow me to review what and with whom my kids are texting.

I will be looking for another service tomorrow.

Hi, @tfallis14! We hope you’ll give your trial the full 7 days to see how Bark’s alerts work. :slight_smile: Here’s a bit more explaining how Bark works.

Most tweens / teens are comfortable with their parents using Bark since they get a bit of privacy and their parents are only alerted to view possible concerns. Please let us know if there’s anything we may help you with by emailing help@bark.us. We’re here for you! :slight_smile:

Sorry, I want to be able to choose what I am able to see/read, not just what an AI thinks.