Kids are getting around bark by texting with google translate

Two of my kids have discovered google translate within texts. One (almost 12) does it for fun. The other (15) is doing it to talk to a boy without getting flagged. I found out from the other mom! Is Bark going to be doing something to monitor this or has she outflanked us/Bark?

Hello, @ginazat. :slight_smile: Oh no, smart kids! Google Translate is not on the coverage list for Bark’s monitoring. Bark is able to monitor English and Spanish at this time.

It might be necessary to use parental settings to restrict the usage of the Google Translate app & website, as well as having a conversation and signing a tech contract for your family’s tech rules and expectations.

If there’s anything the Bark team can help with, or if you have any questions, please email help@bark.us or visit www.bark.us/contact. Thank you!

1 Like

My teen texted this to her teen. Does anyone know if this is a google translate text or what?

p ht ayfpun aol dovsl ivvi zoypurpun aopun rpuk vm ybpulk tf hsylhkf zthss htvbua vm zlsm jvumpklujl iba fvb hyl ova luvbno mvy aol adv vm bz sprl pm wlvwsl zhd bz dhsrpun kvdu aol zaylla aolf dvbsk pnuvyl tf hclyhnlulzz huk qbza il pu hdl vm fvb zv pa hss ihshujlz vba

@cmills This is a code they made up that has to be manually deciphered. It appears to be for every code letter count backward 7 letters for the real one.
P-7= “I”
h-7= “a”
t-7= “m”

I’ll message you the translation.

This is such a tough one. If she knows you understand her messages, she’s already feeling insecure and this could make things worse. You might try some of the resources linked here:

Hugs. I know these are difficult years. :yellow_heart:

Thank you very much. This is very helpful and your timely reply in much appreciated.

2 Likes

Thank you very much.This is very helpful