Is roblox educational

Roblox seems safe but does it have educational value! Does it teach kids anything? Trying to decide if I should limit it a ton or not at all.

Hi, Dan! We appreciate this topic! :slight_smile: My guys are more into Minecraft, and we don’t use Roblox, so I don’t have any personal experience to share. However, I wanted to share this information for parents that may help to give you a better idea:

Common Sense Media gives Roblox a 3 out of 5 in educational value:

“Kids can learn about designing virtual worlds and games. Talking to other users could help kids build teamwork and communication skills. Roblox has a lot of potential; it provides a flexible, imaginative environment where kids can create and explore, and the drag-and-drop tool could help them obtain design experience. Because the directions are housed on a separate site, though, the design tool isn’t extremely easy to figure out, which may limit the amount of practical knowledge kids obtain. Adding a tutorial or site-provided feedback, such as a chat option to ask design-related questions, would ensure kids understand how to use the site.”

I hope this helps with your decision! :slight_smile:

It isn’t really that educational, but it’s not very harmful to a kids mind either. I think you should limit the time allowed on Roblox, but still allow them time to relax on the game if that is what they like to do. Roblox like many other games can be something that kids play constantly and never get off of, which is why I suggest limiting their time on Roblox.