How to protect my 16 year old daughter from harrassment

"The purpose of this post is to ask if theres anything I can do to protect my daughter from harassment.

This afternoon my daughter 16 yr old got a text from an un unknown number asking to facetime. Next thing she knew the facetime call was coming through. She answered it without thinking only to see her 16 yr old exboyfriend having sex with another girl. She is mortified because this guy recently broke up with her, but he is “the love of her life”. (They have an on-again, off-again relationship.) She immediately blocked the phone number, as well as her ex’s phone number. My husband said I should file a police report, but I don’t think a crime was committed. He said its bullying, and i told him that’s not illegal. So my question is, is there anything else i can or should be doing to keep my daughter from experiencing this kind of pain in the future? She sees a counselor once a week."

:star: Original post here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/parentinggeeks/permalink/403231263640253/

" It’s sexual harassment since they’re both minors. However if this was my teen I’d absolutely file a police report. It’s inappropriate, it’s hurtful to your daughter I’m sure and it’s an abuse of power to denigrate your daughter like that."

:star: Original post here: