How often does Android Bark check in? How long before you get an alert?

How long can an Android phone be offline before Bark will alert about not being able to contact the phone? How often does Android Bark check in?

My kids’ Android phones don’t have cellular data and I frequently get alerts about losing contact with the Bark app. I wonder if that’s simply because they’re offline too long.

Hi Jim! Bark Community team member here … :wave: Happy to explain!

Bark cannot discern exactly when a device has been disconnected, but will typically send an alert if there has been no monitoring activity on the Android for approximately 72 hours, or if the VPN on the device has not been connected to the internet for more than 24 hours. This can also include when a downtime/bedtime setting has been applied for a long period of time.

For monitoring and frequency of alerts- This isn’t a “cut and dry” answer, because Bark monitors different devices and different accounts in different ways. If it is something that Bark monitors through the account level (such as emails and some social media), that monitoring is continuous. Androids are also continuously monitored via the installed Bark for Kids Android app, but alert frequency will depend on the amount of activity on each child’s device. :face_with_monocle:

This troubleshooting guide may help to resolve any issues:

This detailed list of all Bark monitors across the different devices and platforms might also provide more insight.

I hope that helps! If you’re interested in taking a deeper look into any specific alert, our support team would happy to assist! You can connect with them at bark.us/contact or help@bark.us with your Bark account email for further investigation. Here for you! :orange_heart:

1 Like