Childhood 2.0 Documentary

Would you let your 14 yr old boy watch the Childhood 2.0

I would - I’ve shared it with my 11 yr old son.

4 Likes

Hi Tricia! I watched this with my 14-year-old son last week and it was actually a really enjoyable experience. He was really surprised by some of the things young women reported experiencing and the mental health topics covered and we ended up having a wonderful conversation. :green_heart:

2 Likes

Hi there! We actually did let our kids watch the documentary. I have a 14 yr old boy and a 13 yr old girl. It really opened up the conversation about different topics and they seemed to agree with a lot of what the teens were saying on-screen and the effects of it at school. The following day we had them write an one page essay on what they thought about it and their papers were actually pretty impressive and insightful. I think you’ll be surprised at the type of engagement you can get from them. I say go for it!

3 Likes

Thank you for all your replies. We will be watching it this weekend

2 Likes

What is the youngest age you’d target this documentary for? I know there are many variables, but just wondering.

Hi, Debbi! It’s definitely a good idea to first watch for yourself to decide if it’s appropriate for your children (because every family and child is different)! I personally (as a mom) think it is ok for high school or age 13+ (just my opinion); anything below 13 I’d say at your own discretion for sure. We’d love to hear your feedback after viewing! :slight_smile: I hope this helps.

1 Like

I’ve watched it with my 11 year old daughter. These kids are learning things at school at a younger age, we have to stay on top of it.

1 Like