Bark Announces New Screen Time and Web Filtering Features

Originally published at: https://www.bark.us/blog/screen-time-web-filtering/

The Bark Team is thrilled to announce the launch of two brand new features — screen time management and web filtering! Over the last few years, families have expressed the need for an all-in-one solution to help protect their kids online. And while there are multiple digital safety products on the market, Bark is now the only one that empowers families to monitor content, manage screen time, and filter the web — all with a single service. How It Works Our new features give families a digital safety net for their kids by helping protect their online worlds — where they…

2 Likes

I love this, but I’m not sure how to get the screen time and web filtering features started. Nothing shows up on my dashboard.

1 Like

Hi, Paul! We appreciate your support! :slight_smile: These new & exciting features are rolling out throughout this week for our existing Bark families. If yours isn’t active yet, it should be within the next day or so. You’ll see “Screen time” in your parent menu in the upper right corner of your Dashboard on your parent app or our website. Here’s more information:

Please reach our team any time by emailing help@bark.us with any questions. Thanks! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Seems like a nice attempt, but its pretty easy for them to just shut off the vpn and do what they want.

Hi, @Robert_Brenner :slight_smile: If children do disable Bark’s VPN or any other features, Bark notifies the parent of this so that parents can investigate and have a conversation with their children. Families can also work together to agree on their tech use expectations and rules. Bark’s mission is to help parents to guide their children to become responsible digital citizens and for families to work together to navigate online safely.